Monday, 17 November 2008

Barack Obama







My thoughts on the US elections,is that Barack Obama was the right one to win, as he ideas and changes he plans to make are very understanding and make sense to what the country needs to bring a massive change from what things have been wrong like racism. It makes a change from all the presidents being white men and from the republican party as it goes to show that when they were in charge things were sort of going down, I know I may not have the right to say because I am a British citizen but I have seen the news and read things on the Internet and in newspapers to learn more. I do not have a very good feeling about John McCain from the first when the election started in September, he just seemed to try and say bad things about Obama to get votes and the nation on his side. Another thing I do not think that Obama won just because of his colour and race because he was always the best candidate in my opinion and I believe that others will be inspired to run for major roles just as president or mayor etc,maybe have more courage to stand up to racism or discrimination and make a different to the nation and also the world.




“A good compromise, a good piece of legislation, is like a good sentence; or a good piece of music. Everybody can recognize it. They say, ‘Huh. It works. It makes sense.”




“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”




”I don’t oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war.”
Quotes by Barack Obama







There is also word on the London tonight news that Barack Obama may be visiting my home town of Watford, Hertfordshire in 2009 sometime for the G20 meeting at the Grove Hotel which is a posh one on the outskirts of west Watford near the town centre. I know that he will be meeting with the world leaders, I could not believe it when I saw my town on the News as nothing like that has happened before. It seems that he may come to Mancester or Birmingham or London instead though, but it would be great if he came to Watford a big but not greatly known place just outside of London. I have lived here all my 19 nearly 20 years and nothing of much excitement as happened in my life time, I know that Elton John was born here and Geri Halliwell and Vinnie Jones, but no massive film stars or celebrities. It would be amazing to say to people that I saw the new american president to be in my town even though I do not really care if they believe me or not.







Barack Obama to visit Watford?
10:05am Monday 17th November 2008
Comments (3) Have your say »
By Michael Pickard »
Chicago. Washington, DC. Watford? The town could welcome Barack Obama on his first visit to the UK as the 44th US President, if it is selected as the venue of a G20 summit next spring.
The Grove Hotel, in Chandler’s Cross on the outskirts of Watford, has been shortlisted to host the international summit, where 20 world leaders will meet to discuss the global economy on April 30.
The hotel is already the base for the England football team, while Tiger Woods and the New Orleans Saints American football team have also stayed there.
The Grove previously welcomed 15 world leaders when it hosted the Progressive Governance Summit.
Birmingham and Manchester are also hoping to host the G20 summit, while Japan is keen to bring the G20 to the Far East.
A formal announcement is expected next week during the Pre-Budget Report, though London is reported to be the most likely venue.




The G20 is made up of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States of America. The European Union is also a member, represented by the rotating Council presidency and the European Central Bank.

No comments: